Wednesday, June 1, 2011

August 5, Tuesday- Blake

I rushed past the herd of people waiting for the new movie. I was running out of breath. I stopped and gathered my thoughts.  If this man, whoever he is, was stalking me, why? He wouldn't be able to find me now. I was hiding in the middle of a group of high schoolers. They were laughing and joking and shoving each other. They hadn't noticed me.
After they left, I searched the mall to find the best hiding spot. It wasn't like I was scared of him... I just didn't want to have to hurt the guy.. I looked around and grinned. The stranger was nowhere to be seen. Im that good, I thought.
It wasn't until someone tapped my shoulder when I realized I was in deep trouble. No way. Im going to turn around and just see someone from school or something. Yeah, that's it. Not the creep, I told myself. Now, this is the part in the movie where the character is given two choices- run or turn around. From what I've seen, if I turn I might get my face ripped off. If I run, I might aggrivate the creep and he'll just kill me even slower. Or I can escape.
I decided to do the smart thing and turned around.
To my surprise, there stood a little girl of about six years, wearing a black dress with a pink little bow in her curly, blond hair.  Her icy blue eyes stared at me blankly. I stared right back at her. I shifted from foot to foot awkwardly. Im not very good with kids. I crouched down, took her hand and tried to smile as pleasantly as I could. "Hey, kiddo, uhh.. Wheres your mom?" She didn't respond. I sighed and got up, ready to leave the kid behind.
She suddenly grasped my hand and began dragging me towards the exit. I pulled my hand back. "Hey! What do you think your doing?" I yelled. Heads turned in our direction. I didn't care. I pulled back, expecting that a fourteen year old boy would be way stranger than a child. Instead of pulling her back, her grip got tighter and she pulled harder than any kid I've met. She finally spoke in a sweet and high pitched voice, "hello, mister, my name is Jezabelle, Jez for short. You  have to come with me. I won't hurt you. I don't have any guns or knives." Jez said that like she didn't need guns or knives to hurt me.
I scowled and without a hint of guilt, I kicked the back of her leg. She stopped. I took advantage of her pause to try to get free. She said softly, "Im really sorry you did that." She dropped my hand. I ran free at once, throwing my fists in the air in victory. People looked at me like I was crazy. Im fourteen. What do you expect me to do? Win gracefully? Not in this lifetime.
Out of nowhere, a twinge of guilt hit me- and as stupid as it may seem- I turned back and tried to find the girl. She could've been lost and wanting to find help, or maybe she was a runaway and wanted to ask for food or something. Still, she was a little rough. I had a bruise on my wrist from where she was holding me.
I searched everywhere. Behind the desks, in the corners, in all the stores, I even walked the perimeter of the mall. Nothing. I could not find one trace of her. I asked people- carefully, mind you- if they had seen a little girl with a pretty pink bow. They all shook their heads and said no. This was getting annoying.
Soon enough, it got dark, and I had to go home or my mom would have another panic attack. I lived only a few blocks away from the mall. It wouldn't take that long, but I didn't have a ride home. So I walked down the sidewalk, kicking a beaten old can when I spotted it.
A pink bow wrapped around a tree branch. It had spots  of blood on it. Something inside me shifted. It felt like a tiny seed growing rapidly. This better not be gas.. I thought. But it was different. A tingling sensation sneaked into my fingers and ran down my arms and back. Goosebumps rose all over on my flesh.
I whimpered as I looked at the bloody bow. Something about it called to me. Something very alluring.. Something that smelled sweet... With horror, I realized it was the blood that I desired. I shook my head. Something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong. Its not normal to like blood! My vision turned blurry. I swayed. I was becoming dazed. I tried to catch myself as I fell but my arms felt like noodles.
Then, just as my face collided onto the pavement, someone- or something- reached out and cradled me in its arms. It felt very warm. I remember the last thing I saw. Its hard to describe. It was like the sun. It flared with brilliant sparks of light. It was the color you get when you mix all the colors together. Pure white. The light flew up into the sky, came back down, and burst into flames.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43147325@N08/4979439514
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43147325@N08/4979439514
The flames each shifted into different forms, a falcon, a bear, a man, and dragon, and a little girl. The little girl. She floated around. I looked in her eyes. They were green. A cold, dead, slimy green. Instead of nails, she had dirty, pure black claws. There were scars and bloody scratches all over her face. She wasn't human. Though this creature certainly was malignant, there was something comforting in it's presence. Or maybe I was just going crazy. 
Nothing was making sense.
There could not be there. It was a hallucination. My mom would lock me up in an insane asylum in a heartbeat if she knew what I was seeing. I'd probably beg her to. Suddenly all the flame creatures combined to make the ball of light. It was hypnotic. I tried to grab it but all my arms did was twitch. I tried harder. My arms were protesting in pain. But it's so beautiful....

No comments:

Post a Comment